Made with earthy mushrooms and nutty, creamy asiago cheese, this stove-top mac and cheese from Ronzoni® delivers delicious flavors in every bite!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 16 oz Ronzoni® Elbows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, shaved
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until starts to brown. Stir in onion, cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until starts to soften.
- Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Toss in pasta, pasta water, grated asiago, lemon zest and lemon juice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce clings to pasta.
- Garnish with shaved asiago and chives.
Tip: Use button, brown or a medley of mushrooms. Try shiitake, portobello, oyster, enoki and/or chanterelles.