Apple Picking Season is upon us, and even though it may look a little different this year. We've put together a list of the best Apple Picking places around NYC. Please be sure to read through their safety guidelines as some of your favorite activities while visiting may have changed.
Apple Dave's Orchard & Applewood Winery
Warwick, New York
Lawrence Farm Orchards
Newburgh, New York
Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard
North Salem, New York
Morristown, New Jersey
Apple Picking is an excellent place to reap the "fruit" of your labor. Did anyone say Apple Pie? Below is a delicious pie recipe using your freshly picked apples, and don't forget to visit your local Ctown for all your other essential ingredients.
- 8 peeled apples
- 1/2 cup butter (Slice into smaller sections for mixing)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose Flour
- 1 package of pie crust
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon, lemon juice, butter slices and mix in your apples. Toss evenly
- Place the bottom crust in a 9" pan.
- Transfer your coated apples to the pan. Instead of dumping the apples into the crust, spend a few minutes laying and stacking the apple slices into the bottom crust
- Take the second pie crust and place it on top of the apples and cover. Make sure to tuck the extra top crust under the bottom crust edge, pinching it together with your fingers to seal.
- Cut slits in the top of your pie to allow steam to vent.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Make sure to scoop a dollop of ice cream on every slice!
Enjoy, and make sure to practice social distancing!