One of the ultimate summer fruits has to be...STRAWBERRIES. Along with being packed with nutrients, they taste delicious and make the perfect addition to any smoothie, parfait, or fruit salad! But what's even better than those things? CRISPS! Check out this amazing recipe for a Strawberry Crisp from Belle of the Kitchen!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter,, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a deep dish pie plate or large baking dish with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the chopped strawberries and sugar in a large bowl and mix until the strawberries fully absorb the sugar. Add in the cornstarch and vanilla extract and stir until all of the strawberries are evenly coated. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate medium size bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter and stir well until well coated and crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top of the strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!
For the link to the full recipe, click here.