Just in time for summer, for National Tequila Day, we have something for all you margarita lovers! We know a classic margarita is always great, but how about stepping outside of your comfort zone with this one. Try out this delicious Blood Orange Margarita from Food and Wine!
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 drinks
- 1 quart fresh blood orange juice or fresh orange juice (about 12 blood oranges or 8 large navel oranges)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (about 12 limes)
- 1 1/2 cups Cointreau or other triple sec
- 3 1/2 cups silver tequila
- Kosher salt
- 1 blood orange or orange wedge, plus 12 thin blood orange or orange slices
- 1 dozen small sage sprigs or leaves
In a large pitcher, mix the blood orange juice with the lime juice, Cointreau and silver tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
Spread a small mound of salt on a small plate. Moisten the outer rim of 12 martini glasses with the orange wedge, then dip the rims into the salt to lightly coat.
Add ice to the pitcher and stir well, then strain into the prepared glasses. Garnish each margarita with a blood orange slice and a sage sprig and serve.
For the full recipe, click here.
ENJOY and drink responsibly!