Got a microwave? You’re on the right track. This quick paella-style rice is your ticket to deliciousness in 90 seconds! The new Heat & Eat pouches from Rice-A-Roni are now available at CTown stores; let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us on Instagram!
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) Rice-A-Roni Heat & Eat Garlic & Olive Oil Rice
- 1 link fully-cooked chicken sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron or 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup fully-cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in saffron or turmeric.
- Cut sausage into diagonal pieces. Brown in nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice to skillet with sausage. Stir in paprika and crushed red pepper flakes and combine well. If mixture seems too thick, add small amount of broth as needed.
- Add peas and chopped tomato. Continue cooking over medium-low heat about 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes to heat shrimp.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.