As part of Hispanic Heritage Month and our #JuevesJuntos recipe series, we partnered with Stephanie Perez of @yeahfoodbeer for her family's Colombian Arepas recipe! Check out the full video below and tag us on Instagram @ctown_official when you recreate this!
Tip: Make the sauces first and then the full arepas recipe
(credit to sweetysalado.com)
- 1 cup (120 g) mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ bunch cilantro (about 1 cup)
Place the 1 cup of mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, white vinegar, mustard, cumin, salt and cilantro in a food processor and blend well.
Ketchup Mayo Sauce:
Equal parts ketchup and mayo (or a little more mayo the way I like it), some minced garlic or garlic powder, some oregano and a pinch of paprika.
Reina Pepiada Arepa:
- 1 Avocado
- 1-2 Cooked chicken breasts and pulled apart
- 6 Tablespoons Mayonaise
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- Chopped up onion (or onion powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Salt (or low sodium Adobo as a salt alternative)
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Lime (optional)
- 1 package Queso blanco
- In one bowl, mix all ingredients; set aside.
- Toast arepas on griddle; then remove and being plating.
- Place on arepa on plate, top with chicken mixture, then sprinkle queso blano, green sauce, ketchup mayo sauce and second arepa.