Tired of those boring buttermilk pancakes? Spice your next family breakfast up with these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes from Pearl Milling Company! Trust me, even your children will LOVE them. Check out the recipe below!
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest (from about 2-3 lemons)
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Original pancake mix
- Cooking spray, for cooking
- Aunt Jemima pancake syrup and butter, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, ricotta cheese, lemon zest and juice, melted butter, milk, and vanilla until combined. Add pancake mix and stir until just incorporated.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites with a whisk until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold egg whites into the batter until just combined. Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Working in batches, ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top and the pancakes are golden underneath, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for about 2 minute more.
- Serve immediately with warmed syrup and butter.
For the link to the full recipe, click here.