Continuing our celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, we're sharing a recipe from our amiga, Vanessa at @my.dominican.kitchen- her Dominican Salami Guisado! Tag us on @ctown.supermarkets when you recreate this delicious soup!
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 lbs. of Dominican salami
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime
- In a frying pan, drizzle vegetable oil on medium heat and add in red onion, green pepper, orange pepper, chicken bouillon powder, dried oregano and stir. Let this sear for about 5 minutes.
- To the flying pan, add in tomato sauce, Dominican salami, water, salt and pepper, juice of lime and stir. Lower the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with tostones or rice -buen provecho!