For our second week of celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, we partnered with Ilianna Ayala Garcia (@beautymarkedilly) to share her recipe for Bolivian Cunapes! This is a delicious cheese bread that can be an amazing starter, appetizer, side dish or a just-because snack! We're so proud to feature this recipe and highlight Bolivian foods. See below for the full recipe and tag us on Instagram when you create it!
- 2 1/2 cups Yuca flour
- 2 Eggs
- 4 oz. Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Dash of Salt
- 4 cups Queso fresco
- Sprinkle of milk
- Mix Yuca flour, salt and baking poweder and Queso fresco in a large bowl.
- To the same bowl, add butter and eggs and mix into the dry ingredients with your hands; making sure all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Add milk until you've achieved a true dough consistency.
- Break off small pieces of the dough and roll into balls; then place on a baking sheet and transfer to oven for 15 - 20 minutes at 370 degrees F.